Entry guidelines & schedule
The Restaurant & Bar Product Design Awards are open to UK and International products and their innovative use in the design of food and beverage spaces that opened in 2017.
- Call for entries open: 8th January 2018
- Closing date for entries: 15th April 2018
- Shortlist announced: 14th June 2018
- London awards ceremony: End of September 2018
What is the cost?
Entries that are accepted will be liable to the following costs:
- 8th January – 31st January - Early bird fee - £135 + VAT
- 1st February – 31st March - £160 + VAT
- Entries submitted after 1st April - £190 + VAT
Who gets an award?
An award will be given to the winning product in each category.
Which category should I enter?
A product can be entered into one or more relevant categories. A full list of this year's categories is available.
Prepare your work
Make sure all entry materials (text and images) are clear, concise and of the best possible quality. Poor quality visual media will weaken your application.
What you will need:
- The name and location of the food and beverage space that the product was used in.
- Full contact details for the product’s distributor and/or manufacturer, PR company (if applicable) and the designer (if known).
- To have made a decision on which category or categories you wish to enter the product.
- Textual content ready to cut and paste. You have up to 400 characters (approximately 60 words), including spaces and punctuation, to describe how the product is ideal for use in food and beverage spaces.
- Up to 4 good quality images of the product in isolation (preferably with a white or plain background) and up to 6 good quality images of the product featured in the space that forms part of your entry. Each image must be JPEG / JPG format and no bigger than 2MB in size. Images should also be no taller or wider than 2,500px. We do not accept images of technical drawings, renderings or images that contain people.
Judges will rate the product on its own merit as well as for its innovative use within the space.
Ensure that you meet deadlines
It is essential that all work is entered in full and on time. Any work that isn't, may be rejected from the competition.
When can I enter?
All entries must be made online. The call for entries opens on the 8th January 2018 and closes on the 15th April 2018.
Wait for the results
The shortlist will be announced on the 14th June 2018. All category winners will be announced at the Restaurant & Bar Design Awards event at the end of September 2018.
The Restaurant & Bar Design Awards ceremony
Shortlisted entrants will be invited to the Restaurant & Bar Design Awards ceremony where the winners will be announced.
Additional opportunities will be available to showcase your product to the most influential architects and designers in the world.
I have a query
If you have any questions or encounter any problems with your entry, email us via the contact page.